Consider – Teaching
Consider, for instance, the problem "How can I increase learning with my teaching process?"
Following the SCAMPER recipe, here are a few questions you could ask:
S (Substitute): "What can I substitute in my teaching process?"
- Substitute student effort for my effort
"How can I combine teaching
with other activities?"
- Combine teaching with preparation of teaching and learning materials by having students prepare
materials (for their on teaching of other students)
A (Adapt): "What can I adapt or copy from someone else’s teaching
- Ask students what are the best features of teaching they ever saw
M (Magnify): "What can I magnify or put more emphasis on when teaching?"
- Magnify the attention to building and maintaining good human relationships
P (Put to Other
Uses): "How can I put
my teaching to other uses?"
- Use teaching to learn about other things of interest to you
E (Eliminate): "What can I eliminate or simplify in my teaching process?"
- Eliminate or simplify by having students always self assess, and share the results, before you assess their work
"How can I change, reorder
or reverse the way I teach?"
- Seeing is believing – to – I will see that when I believe it!
- Learn from experience…..Learn first, in order to experience it